I absolutely love tortillas. We were always buying them in the store, but recently I've realised how many unnecessary ingredients they have. I found this recipe by simply asking Alexa for tortillas recipe (yes, sometimes I'm lazy like that), I believe it's originally from BBC website.
250 g strong white flour (plain flour should be fine as well)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
125 ml warm water ( mix 50% cold and 50% hot water)
Recipe is for 4-5 tortillas.
1. Place flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix water and oil in a jug and pour into the dry mix.
3. Mix everything together with your hand. Work the dough with your hands until it comes together.
4. Take the dough out of the bowl and place it on the kitchen counter. Knead the dough for 1-2 minutes.
5. Now it's time to rest your dough, cover the bowl with a plate or cling film and leave it for 15 minutes.
6. Flour your working surface and take out the dough, cut it in 4-5 portions.
7. Roll out each portion until it's about 2 mm thick.
8. Dry-fry on a hot pan (keep it over medium-high heat) each side for about 30 sec or until you get nice bubbles and desired colour (I like them slightly burned here and there).